Contact Dr. Gordon for more information about the ORBERA™ Balloon and to learn how it can can achieve weight loss in you!
Another option for weight loss in those struggling with diets but do not want surgical intervention is the gastric balloon. Dr. Gordon has been trained on placement and management of the ORBERA Balloon™ which is a device implanted into the stomach endoscopically that occupies space in the stomach and causes early satiety hence, along with proper diet, leads to significant weight loss. After six months the device is deflated and removed endoscopically. Please contact Dr. Gordon for more information about the ORBERA™ Balloon and to learn how it can can achieve weight loss in you!
Advantages of ORBERA™
- 3.1 times the weight loss than diet and exercise alone
- Safe and effective weight loss solution
- Over 220,000 placements worldwide
- Now FDA approved
What EXACTLY is ORBERA™?
- Comprehensive two-part program designed to provide effective, motivating results that you cansee. With ORBERA™ patients on average lose 3.1 times the weight they would with diet and exercise along
- Starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to reinforce proper portion control.
- The ORBERA balloon take up space in your stomach helps you eat smaller meals.
- Balloon is temporary and placed in your stomach for six months without surgery or any incisions
- Patients will receive coaching from a team of experts, which may include a dietician, psychologist, and exercise physiologist
- Coaching continues after balloon is removed at six months for a total of 12 months
The Procedure: Placement and Removal
- Non-surgical procedure done under a mild sedative, the thin and deflated ORBERA™ balloon isplaced into the stomach. It is then filled with saline until it’s about the size of a grapefruit. Theprocedure typically takes about 20-30 minutes so you can go home the very same day
- At six months, the balloon is removed in the same way it was placed. Through a non-surgicalprocedure done under a mild sedative, it is deflated first then removed
What to Expect
- The weight loss is rapid with the majority of weight loss typically occurring in the first three months of treatment
- On average patients lost 3.1 times the weight loss of diet and exercise alone
- The adjustments to your eating habits and your continued efforts to stay active will greatly influence your results
To qualify for ORBERA™, you should:
- Be an adult
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
- After six months with the ORBERA™ two-part program, people lost an average 3.1x the weight patients lost with diet & exercise alone.o Proven to keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- A more than 20 year history of helping thousands of people lose weight.
- More than 220,000 ORBERA™ balloons have been distributed worldwide in over 80 countries.
- With the FDA approval of ORBERA™, patients now have a safe and effective treatment option.